foundation

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - A Test of Time

20:17


In my recent FOTD, I used a foundation that I've only quite recently purchased, despite the fact that it has been on the market for quite a long time now. I remember when I first started getting into beauty and make-up, Nars Sheer Glow Foundation was a staple product for a lot of people, from Youtubers to bloggers, you could almost guarantee that any one of them had at least tried it. However, for me, I always stuck to non-premium foundations, relying more-so on drug store brands to get what I wanted. The issue is, I am generally quite pale, despite how my poorly lit photos suggest, and it was always a struggle to find a colour that matched my skin tone. 

And so, a couple of weeks ago, I finally decided to take the plunge. Too frustrated with my chest and face looking like they belonged to a different person, I just wanted something that was actually more matched to my natural skin colour. 

One thing I have noticed is, that when I look at reviews for foundations, you usually get someone with a fresh face of make-up singing the products praises. But, you know what, I'm not interested in what a product looks like when it's freshly applied as much as I am how it will look throughout the day. I work in an environment where it's difficult to just pull yourself away to touch up your powder, add a bit extra lipstick, sort out your eyeliner, that sort of thing. So, when I'm looking for a product that is long lasting, I want something that is really going to be long lasting. I'm not expecting miracles, but it would be nice to have something I can comfortably rely on without worrying about whether half of my face has melted (especially in the weather we are having now!).
For a comparison shot, check out my FOTD #1 !
 'A Test of Time' is going to be a series in which I test products throughout the day, normally whilst I'm at work, to see how well they hold out. This will go from eyeshadows, eyeliners, foundations, powders, etc. And guess what lucky product gets to go first?! That's right, you guessed it - Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc Light 2.

The photos above and below were taken after a full day of wear, from 5:30am all the way up until 7pm. Now, it is fairly obvious that I am a bit shinier, and you can tell that the foundation has started to sink into those unwanted little nooks within my face. I did notice throughout the day that I became more aware that the lines underneath my eyes and above my cheeks were becoming increasingly more noticeable, to the point that I felt it aged me quite considerably. Though I was able to correct this with a small swipe under my eyes with my fingers, it did make me more paranoid about it as the day wore on. I would like to add that I made sure to set it correctly with powder in the morning, as well as making sure to swipe my primer under there beforehand.

In terms of shine, you know what, I'm actually pretty okay with this. I've definitely had foundations that have done much worse, and I only really felt the need to powder my face once at work and then once as soon as I got home. Though I did feel quite conscious of this, given the fact this is a more dewy foundation, I think it performed pretty well, especially considering the heat today!
I do really like this foundation. It gives a fantastic finish at the beginning of the day, whilst managing to maintain good coverage as the hours wear on. I do have combination skin, and the shine is definitely most noticeable around my t-zone, so it probably would not be the most ideal foundation for someone with oily skin. However, around the sides of my face and the back portion of my cheeks, the foundation is still staying pretty strong, and looks pretty much the same it did this morning when I applied it. So, I would be inclined to say that this is definitely a foundation suited for those with dry skin, though I do not know how well it would cope with flakiness.

And there you are, my first ever 'Test of Time' using Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I hope you liked this post. Is there anything else you want to know about this foundation? Or is there anything else would you like to see take on the 'Test of Time'? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Oooh this post was really helpful, thank you for sharing! I've been wanting to try NARS sheet glow for so long, this review was really helpful for me! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is such a good idea, I'm so glad you're doing it and I can't wait to see what's next! (You have a new fan girl over here!)
    Funnily enough I've been deliberating over NARS Sheer Glow for ages now. It sounds like we have the exact same skin type and I'm sad to hear the it ended up creasing under your eyes (but I haven't found a product yet that doesn't! Damn...) It still looks lovely on you and you have such a pretty glow! I think you've sold me on it, I've read so many reviews but none of them have been this helpful! Thank you!

    Becki | <a href="http://beautyandthebrunette.co.uk”>beautyandthebrunette.co.uk</a> xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, I'm glad you like the series!
      I have a major issue with creasing under my eyes, to the point I'm going to try and see if I can find something that might act to make that area firmer. One of the things I was told when I wore this foundation was that I looked like I was glowing, which was lovely.
      I'm glad my review has helped you! I just hope my future reviews can be just as helpful. :D

      Delete
  3. I always have problems with bases creasing under my eyes, I've found that blending out and then back into towards my nose helps to seal it. Along with setting touchups throughout the day.

    Love this post!

    Gem. x | slightgem.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give that a go! I feel like it's only quite recently that I've been having a major issue with this, but that might be because I've had such a long gap between wearing make-up and the creases under my eyes are just getting worse with age. xD

      Delete
  4. Nars Sheer Glow is one of my favourite fuller coverage foundations. Great post and concept x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea for a series! You're right, I want to know what they look like after a day sweating in the summer heat! I've been thinking of buying Sheer Glow for a while now, so I'm glad it stands the test of time! ;) x

    Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one thing that always frustrated me about beauty reviews. Yeah, sure, it looks fantastic on in the first few minutes, but it definitely won't look like that at the end of the day. I'm glad you like my new series. Hopefully, I'll post a new one for it soon! (:

      Delete

Followers

Like us on Facebook