avéne

Avéne Soothing Hydrating Serum - Review

19:29

 Over the past week, I have had a major issue with my skin. I tried out using a product that caused my skin to temporarily turn from being oily/combination skin to being ridiculously dry, to the point where I had to purchase several different skin care products that were more focused on treating dry, flaky skin rather than my usual favourites.This is the product that I think really managed to sort my problems out!

I was sent the Avéne Soothing Hydrating Serum* by ESCENTUAL after they put out a request on Twitter for bloggers to trial out one of the products that they stock on their site. I have never actually used a serum as part of my skincare routine, purely because I've never really seen the need to. I've always been reluctant to put too many products on my skin, partly because I don't really like layering them and, also, because I'd rather keep my routine as short and sweet as possible. When I was first sent this product, I really wasn't too sure how much it would help my skin, especially as I don't generally have the most dry epidermis out there. 

The first time that I actually used this serum, I decided that I wanted to trial it out without actually using my usual moisturiser over the top. Why, you may ask? Because I know that my moisturiser works. I didn't see much point in using a hydrating serum underneath a moisturiser that I knew worked well with my skin, so I decided to trial it for a while without. And, you know what? This stuff made my skin feel so soft and smooth, I had to resist rubbing my fingers all over my face. It was really wonderful, and it didn't cause me to become a shiny mess, which a lot of hydrating products do to me. 
 
It was a day or two after this that I noticed my skin starting to flake and dry out. I would like to note that it was definitely not the serum that caused this, as I had recently started to trial another product that is known for being extremely harsh on the skin and causing it to get as dry as the sahara desert. Since I stopped using that, it has started to recover immensely, and I do think that the Avéne Soothing Hydrating Serum has a big part to play in that. I was suffering with severe redness and, at some points, I felt like my skin was burning. After applying my serum, it immediately felt so much better and a lot calmer that it had before. I have been using this product for about two weeks now and I have noticed a massive improvement. 

I would definitely recommend this product if you have got dry skin, or if you suffer with dry areas over your face. It didn't cause me to break out and it just made my face feel gorgeous and smooth, even without applying moisturiser afterwards. Once I did start using my moisturiser on top of this, I did find that it made my skin appear even shinier than usual, so I perhaps wouldn't say it's the best product for those of you that do suffer with a fair amount of shine. 

If you would like to find out more about this product, check it out HERE over at ESCENTUAL.COM.

Have you tried out the Avéne Soothing Hydrating Serum? What were your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below! I'd, also, love to hear about any other serums that you guys just couldn't live without!

* this product was sent to me as a PR item. All views are my own and have not been influenced by any third parties. 


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great review, I've never even heard of avene before, but this serum definitely sounds like it's worth a try! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go! This is the first Avéne product that I've tried, but it's definitely made me want to try another!

      Delete
  2. Never tried this serum before, but I'm loving everything Avene atm! Just talked about the skincare routine featuring mostly Avene products on the blog. Love them! xx

    thebeautyresidence.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I can totally related to you with the whole skin situation - mine has decided to just not take part in life anymore and all the moisture has been sucked out of it leaving it as dry as a bone. I wouldn't mind actually trying out this serum especially since my skin is suffering. Also I hope you dont mind me asking but what moisturizer are you currently using ?. Mines is running low and Im looking for a good one to help pump the moisturizer back into my skin ASAP ahah xx

    Thanks for sending me your link over on the chat x :)
    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say definitely give this one a go. It really helped my skin when it was in major need.
      I currently use the Eucerin moisturisers. I can't really give a specific one because I flit between the two, as I have the Dermopurifier range whilst my other half has the range for dry skin, and I generally just use whichever one is in reach. xD The one for dry skin is fantastic, especially the night cream. When I use it before I go to bed, my skin feels fantastic in the morning and, though I have combination skin, it doesn't make my skin feel horrifically oily. Eucerin is definitely my go-to brand for moisturisers. (:

      Delete
    2. Okay thank you so much, I'll have a look into them too x :)

      Delete

Followers

Like us on Facebook