beauty

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger

18:02

Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.
Blow drying my hair is probably the main one. I can be quite lazy with this, mainly because I generally wash my hair at the gym and, after a workout, the last thing I want to be doing is lifting something above my head. Another reason behind this would probably be the fact that, as my hair gets oily quite quickly, I'm reluctant to keep brushing my hair through whilst drying it. Blow drying just totally knots my hair up, which isn't the nicest experience, either. 

Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?
I wish I could lie and say that my brushes are always squeaky clean but that's really not the case. I am very lazy when it comes to this, even though I know the benefits of keeping them clean. I think my main reason is because I do procrastinate with it and, by the time that I think I can get round to it, I have left it too late in the day for my brushes to be ready for use in the morning. I think, if I got into the habit of it, I would probably make it a more regular thing. But, it's getting into that habit to start with!

How long do you last with chipped nail polish? 
Um.. until a large majority of it is gone? Well, actually, that's not totally true. It really depends for me. I go through nail polish phases where I really enjoy painting my nails, and other times when I really just can't be bothered with it. If I'm enjoying some new polishes or just really like a colour I got, then I'll get rid of those chips quite quickly. However, if I've been finding it a bit of a chore, I just won't bother. 

How long will you put off buying/replacing a product - even if you need it?
This isn't a matter of procrastination for me, to be honest. It all depends on funds and time. I live in a very small town which doesn't actually have many shops in it. A large majority are self-owned businesses and there isn't anywhere that sells beauty products locally. If I have time to pop to a Boots or Superdrug in the nearest towns, then I'll quite happily buy a replacement product, funds permitting. If I need something drastically, then I sometimes will just pop over to the Sainsbury's opposite my workplace which stocks a very small range of beauty products. 

What is your worst beauty habit?
Probably leaving my make-up on over night. I know, shock, horror! If I've had a long day or I haven't had much time in the evening to myself, my head and my pillow just can't be pulled apart for anything! I've woken up with eyeliner marks all over my pillowcases before, but that hasn't stopped it. It's not something that happens particularly often, so I guess I can claim it's acceptable. Sort of. 

Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
I'm really bad when it comes to making important phone calls. Like, seriously, I suck at it. Anything official, I just can't seem to handle it. Whether it's a customer complaint at work, if I've got an issue with a company, or I simply need to call someone that I don't really know, I will put off that phone call for as long as I can. I, honestly, have no idea what the cause of this is or why I struggle so much with it, but it's just one of those things that I've never been able to shake. I'm fine talking to someone I know quite well over the phone, but anything where I don't know how the situation will pan out or I can't read a person's reaction, I just try and avoid it like the plague. It took me ages to even work up the nerve to call my insurance company to switch cars when I bought my new one!

When going out somewhere, do you leave putting your make-up on 'til the last minute?
Generally, no. I try to get ready, if I'm going out, as early as possible. I don't really like rushing to get my make-up done, so I try and get it done earlier rather than later. This has meant that I've been totally ready to go out somewhere nearly an hour before we were due to leave before, though. 

Can you commit to spending bans? 
I've never actually done an official spending ban for myself, but I know I wouldn't be able to stick to it. I'm a compulsive buyer and, if I want something, it takes a lot to talk me out of getting it. 

How organised is your make-up and nail polish collection?
Well, it used to be pretty organised but, since moving into a smaller room with limited storage space, it all went a bit topsy-turvy. If, by organised, you mean that I know where certain products are located, then I guess it could be classed as organised. As long as knowing where the product is is allowed to be described as being 'somewhere in that drawer.. amongst all of the other stuff'. 

Thank you for reading this tag, I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know if you do this tag, as well! I'd be interested to read what other beauty bloggers procrastinate over.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. haa! thanks for being honestly. it made reading the post all the more worthwhile. i'm the same way with pretty much all of these answers. darn procrastination! lol. (:

    ♥ | http://www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Procrastination will the end of me, haha!

      Delete
  2. i'm super bad with cleaning my brushes and leaving my nail polish on too long! i wish i could go without blowdrying my hair but it's so flat if i don't haha

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is incredibly flat, too! Still struggling to find a way to fix it, but it feels like nothing works on it. The second I run a brush through my hair, it's flat again! Nightmare, haha.

      Delete
  3. loved reading your answers to this, i never blow-dry my hair! i try to kid myself and say that it's healthier to let it air-dry, but it never looks as good - oh well x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm definitely exactly the same. My hair is just a nightmare, so I've got to the point where I've given up with it. The only saving grace it has is that it's naturally straight, but I still get random bits of frizz here and there.

      Delete
  4. It's funds and time for me too. Love the sincerity of this post.

    http://inez-mysmallworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Like us on Facebook