b

B. Foundation Brush* - Review

15:44

I would like to state to begin with; I never really use flat foundation brushes. The only time that I've ever really used them is back when I just wanted something to dab a bit of foundation on my face before I buffed it in with something else. It's not that I don't like them, it's more that I just prefer using something that has a wider surface area as it feels like it's doing more at a quicker rate.

Last week, however, I was sent the B. Foundation Brush by Product Testing UK as a sample so I could do a review of the product. Despite the fact that I don't particularly like using these brushes, I was more than happy to try it out and give it a fair test.
 For starters, I quite like the packaging that it is sold in, more for the information on the back of the product. Being a more low end make-up brush, only costing about £8, I feel like a portion of the people that it will attract will be people who are maybe just starting out using brushes in make-up. Thus, I thought it was quite useful to have a little guide on how to use it on the back. Also, it tells you how to best look after your make-up brushes, which I wish I had known more about when I first started applying my make-up as a teenager.

In terms of the build of brush, the 100% synthetic bristles feel fairly soft and quite firm, which I definitely feel you need with a foundation brush. I wouldn't say it's as comfortable to use as what I would normally use, mainly because the bristles are perhaps that little bit harsher and for reasons that I will explain below. I do like the actual handle on the brush as I feel that it is the perfect thickness to hold in my hand, making it comfortable to move and generate the circular motions you need to buff the foundation in. It has a smooth paint over the handle, which doesn't irritate your fingers and generally just makes it easy to hold.
 Now getting down to the actual use of the product. I'll be totally honest, I wasn't particularly impressed. I found that it took a lot longer than it usually does to apply my foundation and buff it into my skin to give a nice, flawless finish. Despite the fact that I used the same amount of foundation that I normally would, I actually found myself feeling like I needed to apply more to my face because it just didn't seem to give the same coverage. Whether this is because the brush was picking up more of the foundation than what I'm used to, or because it just wasn't buffing it the same way, it just didn't give the finish that I wanted. And, because of the fact I had to keep buffing for quite a while to get the finish I wanted, I found my skin getting irritated by the bristles on the brush, making my face redder and more difficult to judge whether or not I had the right finish I wanted. One good quality that I found with this brush is, because of the flattened tip, it was a lot easier to get into the nooks and crannies in my face; around my nose, the corner of my eye, etc.

Overall, I'm not the biggest fan. This may be because I have been ruined by my current foundation brush, but overall I don't think I'll be using it again. I may consider using it to apply concealer or liquid contours but, otherwise, I'm really just not that impressed with the finish it gives or the time it takes to buff my foundation in.
If you're interested in beauty product testing, click here!
Have you tried any of the B. beauty brushes? What are your thoughts on flat foundation brushes? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Shame this wasn't that great, but I'm not really a fan of any bits from the range!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the first product I've tried of their's. Didn't know it existed before I was sent it! Have you tried any of the other brushes then? I might try using another one at some point, as I was probably a bit bias with my lack of fondness for flat foundation brushes.

      Delete
  2. What exactly are the bristles made of? Did I miss it? Perhaps that's why your skin didn't take a liking to it! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I forgot to mention! I'll add it to the post now!
      They were 100% synthetic, which is the same as my current foundation brush, so it's not my skin reacting to hair in the brush or anything. I feel like it was definitely because of the fact I was having to buff my foundation into my skin for a lot longer than usual and that just irritated it. My skin chilled out after a minute or so. (:

      Delete
  3. Great article, love your sharing so much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been searching for such informative blogs since a while and I am very much glad that I have found it on your webiste. Keep writing. Kudos!

    smoked glass splashback

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Like us on Facebook